Top 10 things I wish I knew before starting my blog in 2019-2020
- 1 How to find my blog niche fast
- 2 How to create my blog fast
- 3 How to get ranked on google fast (by using 3 main types of posts)
- 4 How to double my pageviews instantly
- 5 How to get traffic to your website fast
- 6 How to write a viral post
- 7 Google’S search ranking factors – MUST KNOW
- 8 When and how to monetize my blog
- 9 Perfect content lenght to rank #1 on Google
- 10 Use statistics from experts in your blog posts to get Backlinks
How to find my niche fast
If you struggle with ideas for your business, niche site or a youtube channel, there are plenty of sites with lists of ideas. But you still kinda need to know what you want it to be about, at least when you see it.
But, here is how to decide quickly and get started with it.
First, find a list of niche site ideas. Then choose a few in which you have some knowledge and interest in. But dont worry even if you are not knowledgeable about even a single niche idea you found. As long as you feel interested in it, that should be enough for you to learn it easily and to be motivated to create a successful niche site about it, and make it awesome and helpful, and eventually monetize it.
Next, after you chose a few niche ideas for your blog, or youtube channel. In order to think of a great, recognizable, relatively short and catchy blog domain name or a youtube channel name, as well as for blog post titles, you will need to do a bit of keyword research.
The simplest and fastest (and free) way to do it is simply by using Google Trends. Which is far more useful than just showing us the current trends. Once you have found a few highly searched terms, which are sought throghout of the year and are steady or growing, then pick a few winners and decide which one suits you the most.
How to create my blog fast
Besides waiting up to 24 hours in some cases for the domain names to propagate and the whole web hosting and domain to be up and ready for you to install your blog theme and start writing posts and creating content. It shouldn’t take more than one afternoon to sort out your design, widgets, logo, your main pages and even a couple of posts right from the first day.
It helps a lot to know already which topics are you going to write about, so have your blog post titles and ideas ready in advance the day before. There are speciffic 3 kinds of posts you should know how to write and how long they should be for fastest Google ranking. How to do article baiting to boost pageviews tremendously, etc. (more on that in continuation bellow)
How to get ranked on google fast
To get ranked on google fast, you must know the 3 main types of articles and their optimum lenghts which both proved to be most effective in getting your blog ranked on Google in a record time. It’s all about knowing what Google algorithms like.
Here they are:
- Response posts – Posts answering questions which you expect or saw/researched which people often have in your particular niche.
- Staple posts – Shareable articlests (example: this article you are reading, the posts with top 5, 10, 20 etc. interesting or important stuff to know in your niche)
- And Pillar posts – Longest posts, establishing the main theme, main problem, solution, the bigger picture, outlines, explaining basics, going indepth, with lots of text, pictures, etc. Scroll down for the particular most effective required word count for each one of these types of posts,
How to double my pageviews instantly
- Sell every link – Learn how to sell the link how to attract vievers to click to the next article by telling them how helpful it will be to know that one more essential information for what they are trying to do. And then deliver that information they really needed.
- Contact readers – You can do that through an email subscription, youtube comments, browser notifications, etc.
- Binge content – Binge content is when you create lots of blog posts which are all about every subject which your viewer wil be interested about after they found one of it’s topics and then saw that you literally wrote tons of more posts telling more information about it which they realize they should also know so they wil binge read and save all the links they can save and return later to continue binge reading. Be sure to include lots of your genuine pictures of what you do, include pictures of your self and build trust. Let your readers know you.
How to get traffic to your website fast
- PINTEREST – (It works well fpor niches like gardening, recipes, cooking, outdoors, home, because there are about 90% women. It’s a highly shareable content. Upload a tall vertical image, to be more visible, something like 300p wide x 600p tall is perfect. Add in some nicely designed text in it, use the picture in your blog post, then pin it on pinterest. Join group boards to get pictures viral, but try to not be spamy there.
- REDDIT – Spend some time on reddit forums, give a brief answer to some questions, then say here is more about it, and simply link to your article. Again, dont spam. The best practice is to share something unique and unusual which is share-worthy in order for it to go viral
- YOUTUBE – Make videos about about your post, and then use the video to lead viewers to your blog post for a lot more indepth information about the subject. It gives a good signal to Google because you are getting page views from multiple sources to your niche blog or website. So just make a video about let’s say half of the post and then send them to your blog or website blog.
How to write a viral post
- Catchy title – Makes you click to find out, helpful and clear
- Unique ideas – Something new to do to change your life forever. Get ideas from users, comments etc.
- Spreadable medium – Get your post idea out (youtube, pinterest)
- Spending time on the post – It shows the author spend time to put together a helpful fantastic content. The viewers will see that you wrote an indepth helpful post. Get a perfect image for the post. Put some bolded lines, bulletted lists, different text colors, nice readable formating formating with not too long paragraphs, easy to read, easy on the eye (although It’s best practice to do that with every post but especially the longest ones). And lastly, ask for sharing. Tell your readers how long your worked on that content for them to enjoy and find it useful and helpful.
Google’S search ranking factors
Here are some more of my Top 10 things I wish I knew before starting my blog in 2019 (I really wish I knew all of these and much more right from the start. It would have saved me so much time and effort and money.
- Applicability of content – writing articles to speciffic searches people have
- Quality links – No black hat linking techniques. Build high quality links (link here)
- User testing – Google sees If they click, stay, click to another article on your blog and stay on it or they simply come, see it’s no use to them and quickly exit. (So you need to write good headlines, good long posts, have an internal article linking strategy, and linking together the articles about the same subject within your blog.)
- Domain rank – It means domain health, if you have an old website but poor domain ranking or a new website, you can fix that by writing more articles, you need to create content and fill it so it would be an authoritative domain which Google can trust.
- Content age – If your content is about some evergreen information which stays the same then it will be a lot easier to rank and be found on Google. But instead, if it’s about news, lets say technology or sports then it can get outdated and disappear from the results. But you can tweak that, simply by modifying and updating the blog posts once a year or more. The trick is to update the headline for the next year but do not change the permalink (the URL)
- Social signals – It is good to have traffic and shares from social media but dont use Facebook because it’s a huge timewasterand brings little to no traffic. Instead, having a youtube channel is far far more efficient (I witnessed that my self through my own experience). Youtube videos are the best for sending traffic to your website. Besides Pinterest.
- Page load speed – This one is a no-brainer. You can use page load speed blog themes specifically designed for fastest page load possible. Use WordPress plugins to shrink the file file size of your images while still retaining good quality.
- Internal links – Linking your blog posts within your website increases the click through rate on your website which is another thing Google looks for. So you need to write helpful useful articles to your viewers. Also say where the link within your text goes. If it is to an Amazon product you recommend or to another useful and related blog post within your website. That way it is much more likely they will to click. Remember to sell every link. Make it’s title enticing, and it’s content valuable to the reader.
- Multimedia – Google likes when you are using a lot of images and video, and so do your vievers. It is far more likely a viever wil read save and share your post if there is a video in the post, basically talking about that very same subject so they dont have to read through it, or if they want to share it to their friends to see what it is about but they dont have the time to read but would gladly check it out in a video form. The images also have to be useful and describe the subject of your blog post and be instructional and speciffic to the subject instead of generic images. And do not re-use images from Google. That’s a big no-no. You either need to pay for images that you can use in your blog posts, or If you really have to, you can find a usable image on Google, which is without any watermarks,, crop it, change it, add your own text and name it differently.
- Outbound links to quality sites – Google checks if your content is accurate and authorative. The ways to do that is to link to official authority sites like goverment and university websites.
- Mobile friendly – Use a “Responsive” theme. Choose a good one. Test it on tablets and multiple mobile browsers. See if it resizes the text, images but very importantly also the embedded videos. Your website is of not much use if it can’t be enjoyed on mobile devices, which is what majority of viewers will use.
- Duplicate content – No quotes from other websites longer than 3 sentences, also as I said before, you shouldnt re-use images from other websites (well at least not as is, but if you must, you need to change them. But is far better to use your own.
- SSL certificate – These are a must and you can either buy them or check if they are already available with your hosting plan. Just google how to install an SSL certificate for free for WordPress.
- No broken links – This one is obvious. Your links should be working and up to date. That means you shpuld check your blog posts periodically for working links, at least those that have a lot of them. And especially on the older posts. Because websites simply dissapear, URLs change, people are updating their website links and posts, and Google knopws broken links make for a bad website viewer’s experience.
- No malware – This one goes without saying. If one values his website viewers, he wouldnt harm them with malware. It’s a honor to get an interested visitor, the last thing one should want is to scare them away. Back in the past afew years ago. malware websites were so easy to run into… Not a pleasant experience indeed.
When and how to monetize my blog
Next one on my list of 10 top things I wish I knew before I started my blog in 2019-2020 is… monetization options, and which one to use exactly when. Very soon I learned, that being impatient and trying to monetize a website from the get-go, only results in seeing that big fat ZERO in your affiliate or publisher account’s dashboard.. and it just stays there.. lurking!
In order to change that, I had to learn when it is the right time to start monetizing the blog or website. There are different types of monetization options that work with difefrnet types of content at different times afetr you have created your blog and it’s content.
- Affiliate links – eg. Amazon (with Amazon you will need to make at least 3 sales in 90 days or else they will cancel your account), so wait till your website is established and you have enough of traffic to make sales. But then again, don’t be too product review foccused. Write helpful posts and mention your favorite product “from an angle” (subtly). Write at least 20-30 helpful blog posts first, before putting the affiliate links on.
- Ads – To install ads(like Google Ads, or banners, which pay a certain rate by 1000 pageviews, you will obviously need a pretty high traffic. So dont use any ads when starting a website, at least not untill you can generate a steady 30K pageviews a month or more.
- AdRev – Once you have the 30K to 100K pageviews a month, you can apply for the AdRev publisher account and earnmuch higher ad revenue.
- Information producs or service – To offer your own information product or a consultation service, you really need to build a community of users who knopw you and trust you enough to invest by buying such prodicts and services from you and trust in your expertise.
- eCommerce – Selling products on your website. Setting up a web store. Again, this will need either a huge traffic directly from the search engines and paid Google Ads if you are going to run a simple web store. Or if your store is going to be a part of your blog then you wil also need a huge community and following to build first. Which is again best done by first creating tons of helpful, useful content for your viewers.
Perfect content lenght to rank #1 on Google
In order to rank #1 on Google, your content has to have an abbundance of useful information but it also has to stay on the same topic throughout the lenght of the post and periodically mention the subject title. This one is one of the biggest of the 10 top things I wish I knew before starting my blog. Because when you think about it, it really makes sense. It is easy to write a long post, but staying on the subject is a whole other game, but at the end, it actually helps the reader, which is why we are writing the post ion the first place, right ?
- Match the lenght to the complexity of the topic but make the whole post relevant to the content, throughout the blog post, not just the beginning. Don’t write fluffy content. Because Google ranks blog posts by lengt but doesn’t count irrelevant fluffy filler content in your blog posts as an actual word count.
Speaking of word count and article lenght, here are the exact numbers which prooved to work best with this strategy:
- Response posts – 1,350 words
- Staple posts – 2,500 words
- Pillar posts – 3,500 words
NOTE: Sometimes there are exceptions to the rule. For instance you can even make a Response post with 1,200 words or less which does better in Google ranking if you manage to stay on topic throughout it. – There were also examples with Pillar posts being 5,000 words, or gigantic 15,000 words (which is insanely huge, I don’t even klnow who reads that much!) But then those can easily swipe the competition like an avalanche covers an ant’s nest!
Use statistics from experts in your blog posts to get Backlinks
In order to get backlinks without link building. You need to make your blog into an authority website on the subject. And you can do that by posting stats in form of lists or spreadsheets. And in order to get your stats all you have to do contact businesses and experts who can provide you the information you need for your blog post.
Whoosh! .. and that’s it!
It took my 2 full days and almost now sleep to write this blog and gather and learn all of my own experience in blogging as well as learning most of it from my favorite experts to whoom I can greatly thank for motivating me and inspoiring me to start this blog and starting good on my way towards financial independence and working for my self on my own terms.
In case you are interested to learn all thecrucial little details and a lot more about how exactly to learn the proepr way to start your blog fast in 2019 or in 2020 (depends when you are reading this) then feel free to check my source. I can’t thank these guys enough!