Easy way to remember an idea you had a moment ago
You know those moments when you had an excellent point to top an argument, or an article, or an idea what to do next and you suddenly can’t remember it and it was just a moment or 10 minutes ago ? And the only thing you remember is “that feeling” of knowing that you had something interesting or important on your mind but you just have no clue what it was? ( I cal that a “mind cookie”).
Here’s how I deal with it easily.
If I can’t remember the idea I had, I surely remember what was I doing a moment ago when I had it and I use a technique I call “brain digging”. Its basically a mental “digging” till you find that familiar thought you had just before you had that idea.
It’s kinda like getting a bit lost in a big city and then it helps when you look for the familiar roads and signs and buildings where you have already passed before. And you just follow them to the next familiar one until you recognize the place you were searching for.
You get the idea ?
So here its how it feels to me and an actual example how I do it:
- I realize I cant remember the Idea I had
- I go back to what was I doing a moment before I had it (like turning back the page of a book or a website), clicking on a tab I was reading before it, thinking about something I was thinking before it, looking at some picture or a direction I looked at the moment ago.
- And then suddenly the whole idea flashes back into my memory. Or at least I’m starting to feel like I’m back on the same “road” where I was when I had it.
- Sometimes it comes right away and then I forget it a split second after, but the familiar feeling is already there.
- I just have to do the thing I was doing previously a few seconds longer, and then it comes back easily!
That’s how you do a brain digging for buried short memory important ideas for your projects or anything else
You can learn more about the fascinating abilities and marvelous design in a human brain by clicking here.
“Happy [is] the man [that] findeth wisdom, and the man [that] getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it [is] better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.” – Proverbs 3.13